Responsible for washing, cleaning and stocking all materials used in the kitchen as well as maintain cleanliness of all kitchens and outlets while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Washes all dishes, pots, pans and utensils used in the kitchen and dining rooms to established sanitary methods and standards.
- Restocks all cleaned items to the proper storage areas.
- Completes routine cleaning of kitchen and equipment, including weekly deep cleaning.
- Assists with assembling food, dishes, utensils and supplies needed for timely delivery.
- Adheres to sanitation and safety procedures as established.
- Assists with food storage and inventory.
- Assists with kitchen duties such as cleaning, peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables.
- Assists where needed during large banquets.
- Maintains kitchen floors in a clean and safe status.
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Sanitary practices and standards.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct basic English, including spelling and grammar
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Cleaning areas in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $14/hour
Job Status: Full Time