Responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly Financial Statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments. Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files and reconciling balance sheet accounts.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Distributes invoices to the department heads for coding and approval
- Enters invoices into the accounting system and ensures coding is accurate
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconcile cash accounts weekly
- Prepares monthly Financial Statements for review by Management
- Follows our company’s established accounting process, analyzes current procedures and recommends changes
- Other similar duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance.
Job Status: Full Time