SPA Massage Training Lead-TSV
Responsible for performing massage, body treatments, and assisting the Spa Supervisor with the management of the activities and staff of the spa in accordance with protocol and in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
§ Provides professional massage and body treatment services to members and guests and able to uphold all the same functions as a Massage Therapist
§ Review and evaluation of the work of massage therapists.
§ Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; assists with the management of spa budget.
§ Assists with the selection, training, and professional development of the therapist staff.
§ Ensures resolution of issues and guest satisfaction.
§ Assist in developing promotions to grow spa exposure throughout the property, guest, owners and members including spa specific events, participation in property wide events, and daily, weekly, and monthly promotions.
§ Make recommendations for supplies, functional and decorative items for the Spa, Pool, and Fitness.
§ Assists with the creation of additional menu items (treatment descriptions, protocols, pricing) as needed to expand selection and keep items fresh and appealing.
§ Maintains and creates strong interdepartmental relationships with managers and staff throughout the property.
§ Ensures all team members fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities.
§ Assists with professional products for purposes of inventory, appropriate product usage, and new product selection.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED with successful completion of a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapist coursework; AND one (1) year of experience performing massage therapy; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess a valid Colorado Board Massage Therapist License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing massage therapy.
- Determining the nature of customer services and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a massage therapy setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit, stand and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to biohazards, chemicals, and solvents.
*Pay 16/hr for lead work and 9.30/hr for MT work
Pay: $9.30 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time