Responsible for guiding, supervising and leading all aspects of the Spa. Assist with the attainment of specific organization goals while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must handle all guest recovery situations for the spa. Serves as the primary resolution factor in guest satisfaction situations.
- Develop and plan all spa treatments, including a complete massage and body care department, skin care aromatherapies, and nail salon services.
- Produce enjoyable and effective programs for the spa.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual business plan for the spa.
- Responsible for producing daily MOD report, monthly reports on financial status and operational performance.
- Evaluates forecasted business levels and prepares staffing accordingly.
- Prepares marketing strategy for individual and group business.
- Designs and develops all a la carte services, programs, and packages.
- Submits, reviews, revises and writes all spa collateral.
- Provide learning events to team members in all departments for all job duties.
- Plans all operational budgets and revenue projections, implementing inventory systems and controls, and purchasing.
- Supervise and motivate team members to perform. Cultivates leadership and responsibility.
- Hiring and selection, coaching, counseling of team members as mandated by the industry standards in each of the areas of expertise.
- Plan staff schedules and overall spa schedules.
- Oversee daily accounting procedures.
- Maintains accurate payroll records for the purpose of bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Ensures all team members fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities.
- Serves as the public relations representative for the spa understanding the need for knowledge of all aspects of the spa.
- Oversees retail operation for purposes of inventory, sales management and new product selection.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel administration, or a related field; AND four (4) years of experience managing a Spa or health club; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Upscale health club with full Spa programs and nutritional concepts.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of managing Spa operations and marketing.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Principles and practices of budgeting and accounting.
- Federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Developing service delivery and marketing concepts and programs.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Job Status: Full Time