Spa Concierge- FT/PT Summer Seasonal
Responsible for coordinating the proper booking of treatments, maintenance of the retail area and provision of cashiering duties for the Spa in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets and welcomes members and guests to the Spa; provides tours of the Spa as required.
- Provides prompt and efficient customer services.
- Answers all Spa phone calls, check in and check out all Spa clients.
- Performs opening and closing functions; monitors point-of-sale shift closing
- Makes Spa reservations via walk ins, phone, and email.
- Assists with retail sales and inventory.
- Places and delivers Spa lunch orders.
- Assists Sales Department with group bookings as required.
- Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client and the spa; answers queries and resolves service issues.
- Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
- Manages merchandise and product flow; ensures proper inventory control and accounting; ensure proper re-stocking and ordering of merchandise.
- Assists with the maintenance of a successful call-in list for appropriate positions.
- Assists with the organization and implementation of successful promotional activities and events.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of retail or administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Administrative and accounting policies and procedures.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Basic mathematics.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing administrative and retail duties.
- Determining the nature of customer inquiries and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Performing scheduling duties.
- Use of computer software associated with Spa operations.
- Providing customer service.
- Performing cashiering and bookkeeping duties.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal