Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment at the Spa in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets and welcomes members and guests to the Spa
- Provides prompt and efficient customer services.
- Performs opening and closing functions.
- Places and delivers Spa lunch orders.
- Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client and the spa; answers queries.
- Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
- Consistently monitors the locker/facility area for cleanliness and safety.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings.
- Assists with the maintenance of a successful call-in list for appropriate positions.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Responsible for wiping down fitness center equipment and reports any maintenance deficiencies to a supervisor.
- Responds always in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and staff
- Responsible for all laundry duties in the spa, fitness center and pool area.
- Replenish bathroom amenities and products as needed.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Assists with checking guests in and out and selling retail products.
- Assists with escorting guests and giving tours of the spa.
- Works in conjunction with the Spa Concierge and attends to Concierge duties in absence of a Concierge
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of retail or administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Basic mathematics, record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $13.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time