Sales & Conference Services Coordinator- TSV
$500 sign-on bonus available!
Responsible for assisting and supporting Sales, Marketing, and Conference Services Department initiatives, administration, and event fulfillment.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with the Conference Services and Events Manager in fulfillment of group events and meetings.
- Works closely with Group and Leisure Sales Manager in representation of the property to third party partners.
- Receives and screens visitors personally and on the telephone, providing information about the property and its policies and procedures.
- Attends to a variety of office administrative details including interdepartmental, and client communication.
- Receives, processes, and distributes group Requests for Proposals.
- Prepares Group and Leisure proposals and contracts as needed for sales opportunities.
- Researches and compiles a variety of informational materials from sources both inside and outside the office; summarizes such information as directed.
- Supports Conference Services Manager with fulfillment of groups visiting the hotel to include BEO preparation and distribution, Resume distribution, and client correspondence.
- Schedules calls and meetings with clients and supports Conference Services Manager with client follow-up.
- May attend meetings, initiate specified correspondence independently for signature by appropriate management, supervisory or professional staff; reviews finished materials for completeness, accuracy, format, compliance with policies and procedures, and appropriate English usage.
- Organizes and maintains various office files; purges files as required.
- Maintain and create merge documents in Advanced (Delphi).
- Follows up on projects, transmits information, and keeps informed of activities.
- Schedules and arranges for meetings; organizes own work, sets priorities, and meets critical deadlines.
- Conducts site inspections of property as directed.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT- SALES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of coordinator and/or /administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving Advanced (Delphi), SMS, Word, Excel, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Business arithmetic.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing office support duties.
- Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
- Resolving varied office administrative problems.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Composing and merging correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $19 to $20/hour
based on experience
Job Status: Full Time