Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Rooms Coordinator assists the housekeeping management in managing daily activities. Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering and Front Office by performing clerical duties such as tracking projects. Coordinate arrival of vendors and visitors. Assist managers with monthly projects/reports. Document and resolve issues with discrepant units with the Front Office. Prepare and distribute room assignments to Housekeeping staff. Record, monitor, and update list of “Do Not Disturb” rooms. Ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time and assign rush rooms and rooms previously on the “Do Not Disturb” list. Communicate with front office team on rooms available to drop off amenities.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters)
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and proceduresAddress guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email)
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards
- Assist with Housekeeping, Engineering and Front Office with projects, tracking inventory and other projects.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork, including reports, worksheets, activity logs, and checklists
- Contact Engineering via Concierge or Housekeeping directly for urgent repairs
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and Front Desk
- Document and report outstanding issues that need to be handled to the manager/supervisor after the shift is complete
- Check with the appropriate source for additional assignments
- Close out house end of shift to ensure assigned rooms were cleaned and communicate issues to the next shift
- Verify room status listed on report, determine discrepant units, prioritize unit cleaning, and update status of departing guest units
- Communicate additions or changes to the unit’s assignments to Housekeeping staff as they arise throughout the shift
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities of Housekeeping
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering and Front Office
- Check and resolve issues with discrepant units with the Front Desk (e.g., guest was scheduled to check-out, but bags were found in the unit)
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with Guests, employees and vendors
- Ability to retrieve information from a computer
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all residence club departments and functions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to stand, or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Pay: from $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time