Room Inspector - Vail, CO
Responsible for inspecting the cleanliness and orderliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure the quality and completeness of work performed.
- Inspects cleaning of residences, hotel rooms & public areas and ensures that it is surgically clean, well maintained
- Reports the need for replacement or repair.
- Ensures that staff follows safe working procedures, including using the proper safety equipment and cleaning standards.
- Reports the need for maintenance or repair of facilities to the appropriate supervisor; corrects or reports any fire or safety hazards and places barriers in public areas.
- Ensures that all hotel rooms, residence club units, public rooms and spa are serviced and cleaned daily in accordance with established standards.
- Notifies the facilities department of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- May answers Housekeeping office phone and assist Housekeeping Coodinator with duties.
- Performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High school Diploma/GED; AND three (3) years of hotel housekeeping operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees, and managing in a team environment.
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, housekeeping tools and equipment.
- Procedures for the preparation and use of cleaning materials.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Safely using hand tools and power equipment related to the work.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Organizing, maintaining, and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Wellness Bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Pay: from $17.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time