Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of club residences and other assigned areas; delivers items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner and broom.
- Cleans club residences and patios; removes trash.
- Washes walls and ceiling and turn mattress.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, floor.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork and woodwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of linen rooms and storage closets.
- Adheres to safety practices and procedures; reports unsafe/hazardous situations.
- Maintains housekeeping carts and ensures adequate supplies are available.
- Operates carts in a safe manner while following all traffic signs.
- Pickup clean linen and refills stock of linen; refills stock of guest amenities and supplies.
- Assists with lifting when performing CARE of rooms.
- Assists with roll-ways beds, pull-out sofa bed, etc.
- Reports missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to supervisor.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to appropriate location.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Operates radios effectively and professionally when communicating with team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Tenth (10) grade education; AND one (1) year of custodial/housekeeping experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping work.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Housekeeping Self-inspectors perform deep-cleaning inspections for their own residences and other regular room attendants.
- Self-inspectors provide a guaranteed inspection score of at least 96%.
- Self-inspectors in Housekeeping focus their attention on residences cleaned by regular room attendants with a score of 95% or less.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Safely using hand tools and power equipment related to the work.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a housekeeping setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to biohazards, chemicals, solvents and may be exposed to in climate weather.
Pay: $16.31 to $19/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time