Residence Club Manager
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and staff of the Residence Club to ensure proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere; assists guests and owners to maintain and exceed The Sebastian Vail standards and driving financial performance.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Develops, implements and oversees the execution of service standards.
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Coordinates Selection Process with owners, tracks all reservations and facilitates input into reservations systems.
- Ensures proper processing of pre-arrival tasks including pre-arrival letters and arrival spreadsheets.
- Coordinates efforts with Housekeeping in regard to early/late guests, VIP’s and group activity.
- Coordinates activities with Real Estate Sales Administration in regard to Owner amenities and arrivals.
- Ensures Owner’s lounge, Owner Storage, and all Residence Club grounds are kept neat and tidy.
- Manages Owner Storage inventory.
- Schedules, communicates and manages implementation of all owner events.
- Interprets, explains and manages rental release procedures and ability to release units into the program.
- Interprets, explains and manages Residence and room details as well as Club Access Rules and Regulations in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Supports the VPCA Board with association needs.
- Forecasts residence club needs and budget.
- Works closely with Rooms Director and HOA Accounting on procedures and operations.
- Coordinates activities with all hotel departments in order to insure a perfect Ownership experience.
- Ensures maintenance of required supply inventory; replenishes or requisitions any supplies needed.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property as well as meeting and implementing energy and sustainable conservation efforts.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management or a related field; AND four (4) years of hotel operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Policies and procedures of the Residence Club.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing resort operations management duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following residence club policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $60,000 to $65,000/year
**Salary Based on Experience** (Other compensation: BONUS)
Job Status: Full Time