Responsible for performing a portion of the Reservation Agents’ variety of duties related to property reservations; responds to communications from owners, TRP guests, and referral networks concerning reservations; creates and maintains reservation records and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications as well as additional responsibilities including departmental schedules, special project management, rental facilitations and elevated problem resolution.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building and confirming annual reservations for all interests.
- Responsible for room assignments for non-allocated reservations.
- Leads weekly inter-departmental communication/ blocking meetings.
- Departmental scheduling including weekly, time-off and off-season projects.
- Processes rental contracts between owners and rental companies.
- Meet arriving owners and guests each Saturday in-season.
- Disciplinary actions and performance planning for staff as necessary
- Problem resolution for elevated issues.
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, fax or Timbers central reservation systems referral; creates and maintains reservations records; prepares and distributes notifications of confirmation; processes cancellation payments on reservations when required.
- Maintains awareness of the type of available residences, as well as their location and layout; updates availability in the reservations system.
- Maintains awareness of the credit policy and how to code each reservation.
- Communicates reservation information to the concierge desk and other involved departments.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the concierge desk and other involved departments.
- Maintains wait list and maintains communication with owners as to their placement.
- Maintains tracking of owners’ use of their assigned time for each Club Year.
- Assists in preregistration activities as required.
- Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to the areas of assignment.
- Maintains reservation policies and procedures when booking.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its owners and guests by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of resort operations leadership experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving MS Office Suite and Opera Property Management Systems.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Support of management staff.
- Departmental team leadership.
- Performing office support duties.
- Determining the nature of a call or visit and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time