Responsible for achieving leisure rooms revenue through inspirational leadership of a team of reservation sales agents. Ensures energetic and effective communications with guests, travel agents, and all third party resellers.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages all property reservations activities and operations.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the unit; provides input into the unit's budget.
- Reviews and reports on reservation daily, weekly and monthly performance activity including but not limited to:
- Arrival & Departure reports
- Regrets & Denial reports
- Contributes to property forecasting as needed
- Travel Agent commission
- Monitors general performance of reservations staff
- Responsible property set up and tracking of all “company based” accounts in SMS to ensure that property can Identify top producing accounts
- Responsible to report for all outside reporting services such as STR and Destimetrics and others as directed.
- Monitors monthly sales performance of the reservation staff via Lead Management program
- Provide daily reservation assistance to staff and guidance on fades to close the sale.
- Coordinates efforts with Sales Department in regards to occupancy, Rates, Revenue & Reservations Analysis.
- Reviews room blocking and works with conference services on group blocks
- Ensures special handling of repeat guests and every VIP guest.
- Manage rates and availability in property management system to the revenue strategies
- Contributes to weekly revenue strategy meetings by providing team conversion, regret & denial data and sharing market knowledge.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all internal departments.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers both internal and external by offering suggestions on process changes and improvement and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND four (4) years of reservations operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee inspiration including supervision, selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing exceptional customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $50,000/year
Job Status: Full Time