Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to property reservations; responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations; creates and maintains reservation records and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, fax or central reservation systems referral; processes reservations from the sales office, other departments, and travel agents; creates and maintains reservations records; prepares and distributes notifications of confirmation; processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Maintains awareness of the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout; updates availability in the reservations system.
- Maintains awareness of the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans; communicates policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Maintains awareness of the credit policy and how to code each reservation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities as required.
- Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to the areas of assignment.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of resort operations support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing office support duties.
- Determining the nature of a call or visit and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time