Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to property reservations; responds to communications from owners, TRP guests, and referral networks concerning reservations; creates and maintains reservation records and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, fax or Timbers central reservation systems referral; creates and maintains reservations records; prepares and distributes notifications of confirmation; processes cancellation payments on reservations when required.
- Maintains awareness of the type of available residences, as well as their location and layout; updates availability in the reservations system.
- Maintains awareness of the credit policy and how to code each reservation.
- Communicates reservation information to the concierge desk and other involved departments.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the concierge desk and other involved departments.
- Maintains wait list and maintains communication with owners as to their placement.
- Maintains tracking of owners’ use of their assigned time for each Club Year.
- Assists in preregistration activities as required.
- Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to the areas of assignment.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its owners and guests by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Maintains reservation policies and procedures when booking.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of resort operations support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving MS Office Suite and Property Management Systems.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing office support duties.
- Determining the nature of a call or visit and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time