Pre-Arrival Concierge - Steamboat Springs, CO
Come join our fun, professional guest services/front desk team! This position is year-round 10 month with benefits.
The pre-arrival concierge, as a member of the Concierge Team, is responsible for all aspects of trip planning for OSP owners and guests. The Pre-Arrival Concierge is our Owners & Guests first impression prior to arriving on property and is responsible for representing One Steamboat Place and the high-level service we provide. Responsible for knowing local and property events to provide recommendations to upcoming guests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Pre-Arrival Concierge will always use owners/members/guests’ names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting or assisting owners/members/guests in anyway.
- Answer telephones politely with absolutely attitude. Understand the telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
- Create activity and dining itinerary for each owner or guest using ALICE
- Check emails, voice mails, building itineraries, and following up to complete all guests’ requests.
- Plan and prepare all aspects of the owner/guests trip from the moment they arrive in Colorado.
- Be available for arrivals to connect with Owners & Guests.
- Complete weekly arrivals audit detailing important information on each arrival for the coming Saturday-Friday.
- Every spring and fall update activity guides, restaurant recommendations, and other tools and resources
- Stay up to date on events in town.
- Present and inform team of Steamboat and property events during daily operations meeting.
- Provide manager with weekly department reports and reservation reports as requested.
- Format the weekly OSPulse with property and area events, activities, and information. Review OSP website calendar for correct information
- Create weekly events calendar for Arrival Packets
- Send completed itinerary for owner/guest review prior to arrival.
- Send pre-arrival emails based on the sending schedule. Create new email templates for each season.
- Adhere to reach out schedule and follow up on transportation details, guest list, activity and dining requests, and housekeeping requests for each owner.
- Make reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests/or owner, member and guest needs. Confirm with the owner/guest/member via email for tracking
- Update ALICE with activities and events both locally and regionally.
- Confirm payment information for incoming guests prior to stay.
- Work with CSA manager to complete weekly checks of any missing owner or guest transportation needs, reach out to each owner and guest and accurately relay flight details in ALICE or to the transportation team.
- Contact current vendors and utilize our partnership with them in order to source the end-of-season party giveaways.
- Update on-property owner resources to ensure preferences/property match management systems
- Liaise with OSP owners as requested. If needed be available to orientate new members or owners on the building and the services offered.
- Assist Front Desk with sending check-in information and collecting information. Further assist with departure billing and delivery.
- Help other departments (front desk, transportation, housekeeping, F&B spa) as/when needed.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED; 1-3 years of relevant experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- All other Timbers Properties, the Reciprocity Program, and the Timbers Collection.
- The local flight service options and redirected flight options and transportation possibilities.
- Understand the differences in WO, OPVW, SN, SA, TRP, VIP, and GVP stays and the billing for each.
- Knowledge of the services and amenities available for different stay types
- Restaurants, activities, and events in and around Steamboat Springs.
- Be familiar with Residence supplies and amenities.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Understand variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area we serve
- Being familiar with computers and computer related software such as Opera, ALICE, Microsoft Outlook, and the internet.
- Attention to detail, filing emails correctly, and flagging important information, keep owner requests organized and complete in a timely manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied owner/guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Communication; written and verbal.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must rarely lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to continually to sit for period of times at the computer/phone
- Be able to work alone for long periods with efficiency and productively
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout 8-hour shift of time to perform duties
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Must be able to grasp, write, use repetitive motion, listen and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to multi-task under fast paced environment.
Job Status: Full Time