Pre-Arrival Concierge - OSP Full Time Year-Round
The pre-arrival concierge, as a member of the Concierge Team, is responsible for all aspects of trip planning for One Steamboat Place (OSP) owners and guests. The Pre-Arrival Concierge is our Owners & Guests first impression prior to arriving on property and is responsible for representing OSP and the high-level service we provide. Responsible for knowing local and property events to provide recommendations to upcoming guests.
Full-time year-round team members have access to:
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- Reimbursement assistance on Ski Passes / Recreation
- Opportunity for gratuities and seasonal Holiday Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- STD, LTD
- Local Perks and Benefits
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- The Pre-Arrival Concierge will always use owners/members/guests’ names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting, or assisting owners/members/guests in any way.
- Answer telephones politely with “absolutely” attitude. Understand the telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
- Create activity and dining itineraries for each owner or guest using ALICE/reservation systems.
- Check emails, voice mails, build itineraries, and follow up to complete all guests’ requests.
- Plan and prepare all aspects of the owner/guests’ trip from the moment they arrive in Colorado.
- Assist OSP with recognizing special occasions of our owners and guests, such as: birthdays, anniversaries, accomplishments, etc.
- Be available for arrivals to connect with owners & guests.
- Complete weekly arrivals audit detailing important information on each arrival.
- Update activity guides, restaurant recommendations, and other tools and resources seasonally.
- Stay up to date on events in town.
- During daily operations team meeting, present to and inform the team of upcoming events.
- Provide manager with weekly department reports and reservation reports as requested.
- Format the weekly OSPulse/newsletter with property and area events, activities, and information. Review OSP website calendar for current and correct information.
- Create weekly events calendar for arrival packets.
- Send completed itinerary for owner/guest review prior to arrival.
- Send pre-arrival emails based on the sending schedule. Create new email templates for each season.
- Adhere to pre-arrival schedule and follow up on transportation details, guest list, activity and dining requests, and housekeeping requests for each owner.
- Make reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests/or owner, member, and guest needs. Confirm with the owner/guest/member via email for tracking.
- Update ALICE/reservation system with activities and events both locally and regionally.
- Confirm payment information for incoming guests prior to stay.
- Work with Club Service Attendant (CSA) (Transportation) manager to complete weekly checks of any missing owner or guest transportation needs. Reach out to each owner and guest and accurately relay flight details in ALICE and/or to the transportation team.
- Liaise with OSP owners as requested. If needed be available to orientate new members or owners on the building and the services offered.
- Contact current vendors and utilize our partnership with them to source end-of-season party giveaways.
- Update on-property owner resources to ensure preferences/property match management systems.
- Assist front desk with sending check-in information. Further assist with departure billing and delivery, as needed.
- Help other departments (front desk, transportation, housekeeping, F&B spa) as/when needed.
Supervisory & Training responsibilities:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job does not train others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED; 1-3 years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Preferred knowledge of Steamboat Springs area local offerings and events.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to learn about other Timbers Properties, the Reciprocity Program, and the Timbers Collection.
- The local flight service options and redirected flight options and transportation possibilities.
- Understand the differences in ownership and guest stays and the billing for each.
- Knowledge of the services and amenities available for different stay types.
- Restaurants, activities, and events in and around Steamboat Springs.
- Be familiar with Residence supplies and amenities.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Understand variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area we serve.
- Being familiar with computers and computer related software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the internet. Ability to learn Opera and ALICE reservation systems.
- Attention to detail, file emails correctly, and flag important information, keep owner requests organized and complete in a timely manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Speaking effectively to communicate over the telephone or in person.
- Resolving varied owner/guest issues, concerns, and requirements.
- Interfacing with resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Explain to owners how to log on to and use all aspects of OSP and the Timbers Resorts sites.
- Record and log information timely and accurately.
- Learn all varieties of information pertaining to the resort, the area, the activities and to make individualized recommendations.
- Plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Create and enhance local vendor relationships.
- Show good personal hygiene and appearance.
- Follow instructions & priorities of tasks with little supervision.
- Learn and adhere to property standards for cleanliness & timeliness.
- Be familiar with front desk operations and fill in when coverage is necessary.
- Communicate effectively with each department.
- Be detail orientated and follow through or complete each task set or started.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, management, owners, and guests.
- Work independently or in a team environment and take direction.
- Work until all daily duties are complete, even if this means working more than 8 hours in one shift.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continually to sit for period of times at the computer/phone.
- Be able to work alone for long periods with efficiency and productively.
- Must be able to move around property as needed, throughout 8-hour shift of time to perform duties.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to grasp, write, use repetitive motion, listen, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to multi-task under fast paced environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Typical workdays are 8 hours, shifts may vary (days, nights, weekends, holidays).
Pay: $18 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time