Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
This position reports to the Activities Director and helps the activities department promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere, wile providing outstanding service for guests near the pool area.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet guests with friendly and sincere acknowledgement
- Provide customer service to guests, including information about resort services, activities and local attractions
- Keep pool area tidy and clean
- Ensure that towels are folded and fully stocked, removal of dirty towels form pool area
- Deliver amenities to guest rooms
- Assist co-workers as requested
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime stressful environment, flexible with spontaneous demands from guests
- Display a professional image at all times through appearance and conduct
- Provide water station daily and continually keep it refreshed
- Maintain rotation of clean day bed cushions
- Manage towel and chair cover inventory at amenity station at Kauai Beach Boys North
- Prepare food mise-en-place for Nalus menu as necessary
- Adhere to all company procedures regarding emergency protocols, sanitation, and proper food handling techniques
- To wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Assemble food items at Nalus to order as necessary
- Record daily par levels and inventory needs to execute Nalus menu with Hualani’s Back of House management staff
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and beverage service
- Clears and resets counters at conclusion of guest’s food and beverage consumption
- Place and process food and beverage orders utilizing the restaurant’s POS system
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen, service bars, and Nalus
- Perform other duties as appropriate and assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience in customer service
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Customer service principles and practices
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Multitasking while paying attention to detail and completing tasks in a timely manner
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to stand and walk for the duration of the work shift. Ability to tolerate environmental factors such as humidity, heat and rain.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds with assistance.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary