Pool Attendant Vail,CO
Employee Housing possible availability. Inquire with HR.
This position reports to the Spa Director and helps the department promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere provides outstanding service for guests near the pool area in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Always display a professional image through appearance and conduct.
- To wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
- Greet guests with friendly and sincere acknowledgment.
- Provides prompt and efficient customer service.
- Is a resource for local knowledge; including information about resort services, activities and attractions.
- Is able to direct guests to alternate activities if there is no space available at the pool.
- Acts as a host to the pool area and is able to give an estimated time of when guests may be departing pool chairs or areas.
- Keeps pool area tidy and clean.
- Ensures that towels are folded and fully stocked, removal of dirty towels form pool area.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and beverage service.
- Directs guests on how to order food and beverage service.
- Assists room service with delivering and clearing food service items.
- Provide water station daily and continually keep it refreshed with ice and cups.
- Maintain cleanliness of day bed cushions.
- Adhere to all company procedures regarding emergency protocols, sanitation, and proper food handling techniques.
- Clears and resets any service items at the conclusion of guest’s food and beverage consumption.
- Conducts periodic walkthroughs of the fitness center; cleans, disinfects, organizes, and attends to all equipment.
- Checks in with spa desk periodically to see if assistance is needed with locker rooms tidiness and cleanliness.
- Assists with restocking locker rooms, towels, and amenities.
- Perform other duties as appropriate and assigned by management.
- Assist co-workers as requested.
- Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client, spa, and hotel; answers queries and resolves service issues.
- Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the pool and spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with the public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of retail or administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Administrative and accounting policies and procedures.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Basic mathematics.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment, flexible with spontaneous demands from guests.
- Performing administrative and retail duties.
- Determining the nature of customer inquiries and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Performing scheduling duties.
- Use of computer software associated with Spa operations.
- Providing customer service.
- Performing cashiering and bookkeeping duties.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Multitasking while paying attention to detail and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a standard retail setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time