PM Housekeeping Coordinator/Houseperson - Vail, CO - Winter Seasonal
Responsible for providing administrative and operations support to the Housekeeping Department. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of assigned areas and delivering items to guest rooms.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare daily room assignments and update room status throughout shift
- Approach all encounters, including phone calls, with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees; have earpiece on at all times.
- Communicates, dispatches and follows through with guest requests up to completion in a timely and courteous manner.
- Notifies the Executive Housekeeper of areas needing special attention.
- Responsible for the uniform issuance and cleaning of all hotel staff uniforms.
- Responsible for making sure the Sales Show Units are cleaned and inspected.
- Periodically update manager with the status of each board assignment to ensure all housekeeping services are completed on time.
- Ensures that attendance registers are completed daily in accordance with hotel and statutory regulations.
- Oversees duty rosters and ensures that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Assists in bringing housekeeping shipments from loading dock to the department and storing them appropriately.
- Collects dirty linen and delivers it to laundry.
- Collects trash and delivers it to loading dock dumpster.
- Turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office at the end of the shift.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Occasionally assist with cleaning guest rooms.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience; AND one (1) year of custodial/housekeeping experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Business arithmetic.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping work.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing office support and housekeeping duties.
- Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Resolving varied office administrative problems.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary,Seasonal