Owner Services Assistant Manager
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and staff of the concierge, bell, and night audit operations. Maintains or exceeds the high standards of the resort to create an environment that fosters meaningful work, and open dialogue with staff and owner/guests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- PM shift management and operations oversight coordinated with Owners Services Manager schedule; acts as Manager on Duty in absence of key leadership.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of front of house staff.
- Responds to Owner and Guest needs in support of back of house staff.
- Works with Owner Services Manager to develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; within the assigned budget.
- Works with Owner Services Manager to develop, implement and oversee the execution of service standards.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Understanding of position requirements and flexibility to cover day, evening and overnight shifts if required.
- Oversees staffing rosters and ensure that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Works closely with Reservations Department to properly manage residence inventory.
- Interprets and explains residence details as well as rates, and cancelation policy in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Resolves owner complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Participates and assists the residential team in all owner events.
- Ensures proper purchase and inventory of all products and services used within the Owner Services Department.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Plans and organizes departmental meetings throughout the year.
Skills / Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and resort information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to resort operations.
- Principles and practice of housekeeping operations.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing hospitality management duties.
- Focusing on requests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following reservation policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: $50,000 to $55,000/year
Job Status: Full Time