Night Manager- PT Year Round
Responsible for the safety and security of the property and the property’s owners, guests and employees.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Patrols all areas of the property; assists owners and guests with access to the home.
- Monitors perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system.
- Conducts daily physical hazard inspections.
- Responds to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assists owners, guests, and employees during emergency situations.
- Checks owner/guests in to and out of resort in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage and vehicle details.
- Operates the resort telephone system as trained to resort standards.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts through Opera. Assists with loading/unloading and delivery/retrieval of owner or guest luggage and personal items when needed.
- Drives and parks guest cars if needed.
- Notifies appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attack, or other incidents.
- Defuses owner, guest, and/or employee disturbances and calls for outside assistance as necessary.
- Completes incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents.
- Resolves safety hazard situations.
- Escorts any unwelcome person from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Responds to and properly documents scenes of vehicle accidents and calls for assistance as necessary.
- Responds to and properly documents reported missing items and instances of alleged theft.
- Completes a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report.
- Maintains confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents.
- Conducts investigations and gathers evidence in a timely manner.
- Responds to questions and complaints from owners & guests.
- Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment; secures worksites from safety hazards as necessary.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with owners and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED, AND two (2) years of Loss Prevention or Security experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Must have valid driver’s license and be in good standing to drive company and guest vehicles.
- Fire and Life Safety systems.
- Materials, methods, practices and equipment used in facilities construction, maintenance and repair.
- Operation, adjustment, preventive maintenance and minor repair of power tools and equipment related to the work.
- Applicable laws, OSHA codes and regulations.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Basic record keeping practices and incident reporting.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Operating and maintaining specialized tools and equipment of a variety of mechanical, electrical and facilities maintenance trades.
- Safely using and maintaining hand and power tools related to the work.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: $21 to $22/hour
Job Status: Part Time