Night Manager- Part Time
The Night Manager position is responsible for the overall safety and security of the property between the hours of 11pm and 7am. This position works alone on-site overnight and must be self-motivated and able to handle many different emergency and operational tasks that may occur during those times. This position is part-time with potential to move to full time.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The Night Manager must be a self motivated self starter.
• The Night Manager also must have excellent time management skills – There are multiple responsibilities each night and if you are not organized, some important jobs may be missed.
• Be calm under pressure – the property is under your care from the hours of 11pm-7am – be able to handle all situations that arise with calm confident professionalism.
• Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you may have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each Owner/Guest.
• The Night Manager will always use Owners/Members/Guests names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting or assisting Owners/Members/Guests in anyway.
• Answer telephones politely with absolutely attitude. Understand the telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
• Make reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests/or owner, member and guest needs
• Perform Check in and Check out services efficiently.
• Be able to record and log information, and then produce a nightly report to share with each department every morning.
• Be able to communicate effectively with each department and each department head.
• Use and understand the computer system for reservations, reports (you will be producing specific reports each evening), services, billing, work orders, and activity scheduling.
• Be comfortable enough with the computer system to produce the day ending Night Audit.
• Know the building layout. You will be making multiple rounds around the property each night.
• Be constantly alert and have an eye for detail; you are the eyes and ears of our team and you are able to observe the property at a time that allows you to see everything. Report all that you see.
• Re-stock Spa/Pool towels each night and bring dirty towels back down to the Laundry Room from the Spa, Pool, Wine Room restrooms (then restock), Locker Room restrooms (then restock), and Lower Lobby restrooms (then restock).
• Must be comfortable with training of emergency procedures. Including but not limited to fire panel reading and elevator monitoring.
• Close the Upper Garage each evening when you arrive.
• Open the Pool and Upper Garage each morning before you prepare breakfast.
• Prepare continental breakfast each morning in the Wine Room and refill each water container with fresh ice and water.
• Maintain general cleanliness throughout the Lower Lobby entryway and Members Gathering Room; vacuum carpets in the Lower Lobby, clean windows, shovel snow, remove trash, mop floors, empty trash cans, dust, etc. when needed or whenever housekeeping needs assistance. Send cleaning report to the Resort Management team each morning.
• Assume Customer Service Agent duties each evening and help Owners and Guests with any help they may need with their vehicles, wake up calls and luggage assistance.
• Make sure all lamps and both fireplaces in the Gathering Room and Wine room are all turned back on each morning.
• Make sure the Owners Locker Room is restocked with sun block, ski area maps and a new weather report each morning.
• Willingness each evening to help any department, department head or fellow employee with any project or duty they may need assistance with.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be able to walk the property multiple times each evening.
• Ability to sit for period of times at the computer/phone.
• Possible heavy lifting (up to 75lbs) and bending while assisting other departments.
• Must have an acute sense of the responsibility inherent in the position.
• Ability to think quickly on your feet.
• In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
• Ability to learn all varieties of information pertaining to the resort, the area, the activities and to make smart recommendations.
• Good personal hygiene and appearance./A uniform will be issued
Pay: $18.48 to $24.02/hour
Depends on Experience
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary,Temp to Hire,Seasonal