Responsible for closing and balancing all room accounts and performing nightly food and beverage audit while also maintaining a safe and secure environment for guests, owners, customers and staff while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage details.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Processes reservation requests or cancellations.
- Operates the hotel telephone system.
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles as needed, valet parking
- Posts charges and payments to guest and club owner accounts; closes all room accounts and vouchers; investigates and analyze out of balance situations; completes required revenue and expense reports.
- Acts as the Manager on Duty to resolve any guest issues and takes on responsibility within this role.
- Prints and distributes ski weather reports
- Prepares next day arrival lists, packets and other reports as required.
- Maintains the front desk area in a clean and orderly state.
- Processes hotel wake up program.
- Oversees night security of entire property; patrols property to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and disturbance; maintains order in the hotel and public areas, dealing with the welfare of guests, owners and staff; observes and identifies potential security and safety risks throughout the property; completes security log report daily.
- Issues safe deposit boxes as needed
- Primary responder and investigator to emergencies and alarms.
- Handles undesired conduct and violations of hotel policy and civil laws.
- Documents and reports any malfunctions, including lighting.
- Inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment and machinery to ensure optimal operational use; handles door lock problems.
- Monitors controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, boilers and heating.
- Ensures that walkways not heated are properly de-iced for safety.
- Plows or shovels snow if needed.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry, hotel operating system (SMS) and/or standard report generation.
- Resort activities, amenities, rooms and operations.
- Practices and procedures of cash handling, bookkeeping and accounting.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing front desk duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing cash balancing and related financial transactions.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Seasonal