Responsible for closing and balancing all room accounts and performing nightly food and beverage audit while also maintaining a safe and secure environment for guests, owners, customers and staff while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage details.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Processes reservation requests or cancellations.
- Operates the hotel telephone system.
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles as needed, valet parking
- Posts charges and payments to guest and club owner accounts; closes all room accounts and vouchers; investigates and analyze out of balance situations; completes required revenue and expense reports.
- Acts as the Manager on Duty to resolve any guest issues and takes on responsibility within this role.
- Prints and distributes ski weather reports
- Prepares next day arrival lists, packets and other reports as required.
- Maintains the front desk area in a clean and orderly state.
- Processes hotel wake up program.
- Oversees night security of entire property; patrols property to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and disturbance; maintains order in the hotel and public areas, dealing with the welfare of guests, owners and staff; observes and identifies potential security and safety risks throughout the property; completes security log report daily.
- Issues safe deposit boxes as needed
- Primary responder and investigator to emergencies and alarms.
- Handles undesired conduct and violations of hotel policy and civil laws.
- Documents and reports any malfunctions, including lighting.
- Inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment and machinery to ensure optimal operational use; handles door lock problems.
- Monitors controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, boilers and heating.
- Ensures that walkways not heated are properly de-iced for safety.
- Plows or shovels snow if needed.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry, hotel operating system (SMS) and/or standard report generation.
- Resort activities, amenities, rooms and operations.
- Practices and procedures of cash handling, bookkeeping and accounting.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing front desk duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing cash balancing and related financial transactions.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: from $17.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time