National Sales Manager
Responsible for the acquisition, retention and growth of accounts that drive assigned group revenue for the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Solicitation with new, existing and repeat account to promote the offerings and services of The Sebastian - Vail. Solicitation will include:
- eMail Marketing
- Sales Calls
- Site Inspections
- Written Coomunication
- The purpose of this solicitation is to meet or exceed the revenue goals by meeting customers’ needs and wants through proposals and onto definite contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining a key account list that will have the following quality ratings:
- The top 3 must have a revenue value associated with it to be on the key account list.
- Attend community, social and industry events as needed.
- Develop annual sales plan for respective territory
- Include tradeshows
- Sales Calls
- Market Communication Emails
- Market communication dates
- Key indicators of performance measurements
- Develop/maintain market knowledge of trends and customers
- Be able to clearly distinguish and define differences and similarities of competitive set in Vail and other destinations as dictated by
- Delivers marketing & sales information/reporting in a timely manner; composes month end reporting on all sales and marketing initiatives; performs trend analyses like lost business
- Follows up on projects, transmits information, and keeps informed of
- Schedules and arranges for meetings; organizes own work, sets priorities and meets critical deadlines as needed and required by the DOS&M.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of a work
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hotel administration or a related field; AND three (3) years of professional marketing experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Principles and practices of group sales and
- Hospitality industry operations, products, services and
- Office administrative practices and
- Microsoft Office - Word and Excel critical to success
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed
- Record keeping principles and practices in Delphi or other sales & catering
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing sales and marketing functions.
- Meeting performance/sales goals.
- Coordinating marketing campaigns, programs and special projects for their respective markets and group market as a whole
- Communicating effectively in oral and written
- Composing materials independently or from brief
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Job Status: Full Time