Responsible for performing massage and body treatments in accordance with protocol and in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides professional massage and body treatment services to members and guests.
- Greets and welcomes members and guests to the Spa.
- Ensures proper precautions and contradictions for massage before every session; explains method and applicable techniques appropriately to customer needs as well as preferences.
- Observes customer reaction to massage and modifies treatment as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality as well as sensitivity related to age plus gender during client interactions.
- Reports any unusual customer interactions to supervisor promptly.
- Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client and the spa; answers queries and resolves service issues.
- Performs support tasks associated with providing services assigned; set-ups and break down of treatment rooms, stocking and inventory of supplies, stocking and removal of linen, etc.
- Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED with successful completion of a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapist coursework; AND one (1) year of experience performing massage therapy; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Massage Therapist License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Principles, practices and techniques of massage therapy.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing massage therapy.
- Determining the nature of customer services and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a massage therapy setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit, stand and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform massage therapy over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to biohazards, chemicals, and solvents.
Pay: from $9.30/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal