Massage Therapist - Winter Seasonal - Vail, CO
Responsible for performing massage and body treatments in accordance with protocol and in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides professional massage and body treatment services to members and guests.
- Greets and welcomes members and guests to the Spa.
- Ensures proper precautions and contradictions for massage before every session; explains method and applicable techniques appropriately to customer needs as well as preferences.
- Observes customer reaction to massage and modifies treatment as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality as well as sensitivity related to age plus gender during client interactions.
- Reports any unusual customer interactions to supervisor promptly.
- Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client and the spa; answers queries and resolves service issues.
- Performs support tasks associated with providing services assigned; set-ups and break down of treatment rooms, stocking and inventory of supplies, stocking and removal of linen, etc.
- Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED with successful completion of a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapist coursework; AND one (1) year of experience performing massage therapy; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Massage Therapist License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Principles, practices and techniques of massage therapy.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing massage therapy.
- Determining the nature of customer services and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $9.30/hour
Plus Commissions and Tips
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal