$500 Signing Bonus
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The successful candidate will thrive in a busy environment, be an enthusiastic team player, and be willing to assist all departments with their marketing and collateral needs. Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing and sales initiatives.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages internal and external marketing and communications initiatives; conducts product development projects and initiatives; ensures brand alignment.
- Directs website enhancements & maintenance, tracks, and reports on website performance.
- Manages the composition and editing of brochures, reports, newsletters, and similar materials for internal and external distribution.
- Manages social media monitoring and response.
- Develops implements and manages onsite events & special programs.
- Manages POS development & printing efforts.
- Delivers marketing information/reporting in a timely manner; composes month end reporting on all marketing initiatives; performs trend analyses.
- Follows up on projects, transmits information, and keeps informed of activities.
- Schedules and arranges for meetings; organizes own work, sets priorities, and meets critical deadlines.
- Manages account relationships with important clients and meeting planners; conducts outgoing sales calls to obtain new group business.
- Attends key industry conferences and functions to create brand awareness and increase market share.
- Works closely with social group sales, marketing, revenue manager and reservations manager to create promotions that drive revenue and increase occupancy in the hotel and suites.
- Increases group sales revenue through acquisition, growth and retention of accounts.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hotel administration or a related field; AND three (3) years of professional marketing experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills Knowledge of:
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Principles and practices of sales and marketing.
- Graphic design and printing techniques and materials, including slides and video production.
- Hospitality industry operations, products, services, and trends.
- Social media use, management, and tracking.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Pay: $55,000 to $60,000/year
$500 Signing Bonus
Job Status: Full Time