Marketing Manager - Vail, CO
To generate revenue for The Sebastian – Vail, sustain the integrity of the brand and drive guest satisfaction by managing and executing the annual marketing plan, including digital marketing, social media marketing, promotions, public relations and collateral design. This includes, but is not limited to, managing - and being a key contact for - the Resort’s external agencies as well as a key internal marketing team contact with sales and operational teams. This leader will manage the execution of communications to key audiences including guests, meeting and travel planners, acquisitions, owners, locals and employees, maintaining relationships with key vendors and being an ambassador for the Resort with regard to media requests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the execution of the marketing plan in partnership with the Director of Marketing/Director of Sales & Marketing and partners, including digital marketing, public relations, web development, social media and advertising.
- Create and manage email strategy and promotional marketing calendars with Directors’ guidance to support the marketing plan or impending needs to drive revenue generation and awareness for the Resort’s key departments such as rooms, food & beverage and spa.
- Manage CRM & email communications that promote room nights as well as resort outlets.
- Create social media content strategy, calendar and post responses.
- Shoot property social media content.
- Lead departmental marketing meetings (spa, food and beverage, guest services) and facilitate marketing-centric execution items.
- Build upon the resort’s reputation in the local community via PR and local community outreach, attending industry specific meetings and events and promotional partnership opportunities.
- Plan and manage media and influencer visits.
- Proof all resort communications prior to production/deployment.
- Manage website development and maintenance; tracks and reports on digital performance.
- Manage the creation and editing of brochures, e-proposals, reports, email marketing and similar materials for internal and external distribution.
- Create, execute and track cross-promotional marketing initiatives to drive ancillary revenue to guests, owners and locals.
- Deliver marketing information/reporting in a timely manner; composes month end reporting on all marketing initiatives; performs trend analyses.
- Assist with the management of the SEO/SEM strategy.
- Attend key industry conferences and functions to create brand awareness and increase market share.
- Collaborate with social group sales, marketing, revenue manager and reservations manager to create promotions that drive revenue and increase occupancy in the hotel and suites.
- Work with General Manager and Director of Sales on internal communication documents.
- Audit/update third party listings weekly for consistency and brand alignment.
- Audit/update all transactional automated emails routinely throughout the year for accuracy, brand alignment and improvement opportunity.
- Assist Directors in the creation of the annual sales and marketing plan.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hotel administration or a related field; AND three (3) or more years of professional marketing experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Resort’s annual business objectives.
- Use of specified computer applications including Microsoft Suite, CMS software, preferably NAVIS and Inntopia, Drupal/Word Press and Google Analytics.
- Principles and practices of sales and marketing.
- Graphic design and printing techniques and materials, including proficiency with In Design and Power Point.
- Hospitality industry operations, products, services and trends.
- Social media campaign development, management and tracking.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Strong organization skills, creative copy-writing, proofreading skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, resourcefulness, ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate.
- Manage a high volume, diverse workload in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to lead by example and provide guidance to fellow sales and operational team members.
- Must demonstrate problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Performing sales and marketing functions.
- Meeting performance/sales goals.
- Composing materials independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time