Marketing Manager- Hospitality
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
SUMMARY: Responsible for developing and driving execution of successful marketing strategy for hospitality; inclusive of hotel(s), residence/villa rental and golf business lines. This role liaises with the Global Director of Sales and Marketing – Hospitality and builds deep partnerships with agencies to verify all traditional and digital marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the organization. Success is measured by how well you help drive the sales and revenue strategy of the rental, golf program and hotel properties.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Hospitality, Golf and Rental Marketing & Advertising
- Develops and manages annual Hospitality, Golf and Rental marketing plans and budget. Working with key stakeholders including, GMs, Sales and Revenue leaders, Food & Beverage leaders and property marketing teams.
- Acts as the liaison between the operations teams and agencies on tactical advertising campaigns' creative and media plans.
- Partners with property Revenue Management to verify correct offer loading, verifying advertisement targeting is correctly directed at relevant consumer groups.
- Manages and maintains frequent, active engagement with digital marketing agency to verify alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
- Audits and confirms all advertising for the hotels, golf course and rental program in all channels is in alignment with brand voice, messaging strategy and marketing goals.
- Manage and coordinates execution of a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, search engine optimization, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, and performance analysis.
- Monitor analytics to inform future content direction and drive test-and-learn strategy.
Social Media Content Management
- Oversees social media facilitation, engagement and content in local digital channels (e.g., hotel website, golf website, travel sites) in conjunction with Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Manages overall editorial calendar and oversees and consults with on-property marketing team as they develop and execute promotions for golf, rental, F&B, weddings, spa, rooms and conferences through relevant digital and social media channels.
- Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and ensures on-property team responds accordingly.
- Lead content development for high-priority/fast-turn efforts.
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
- Develops a comprehensive PR plan and liaises with on-property teams and key stakeholders for alignment.
- Manage PR firms and provide strategic direction for PR activity as well as coordinate and host individual and group press visits.
- Writes and distributes all press releases for property events, promotions, and outlets.
- Manages the execution of Hospitality, Golf & Rental sponsored events, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities.
- Verifies news clippings and other online, print, and notable social media mentions are distributed on-property.
- Surfaces and vets PR leads from PR agency as well as maintains ongoing award status with T+L and Conde Nast.
- Supports the co-ordination of photography for Hospitality, Golf, Rental and F&B advertising, collateral and public relations purposes between the hotel, advertising agency and the on-property marketing teams.
- Manages photo shoots for Hospitality, Golf, Rental and F&B to maintain a current, fresh and relevant photo library inclusive of seasonal assets.
Direct Marketing and Collateral Development
- Coordinates and executes Hotel, Golf and Rental program printed materials.
- Verifies brand voice and assists in the production of all on-property and F&B display, and signage on-property.
- Provides training and marketing leadership and acts as a marketing subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders.
- Establish high quality, low cost providers and develop dependable vendor relationships. Manage and maintain relationships to result in cost-savings efficiencies for delivery of marketing materials.
- Some travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing preferred. Must have 5+ years’ hospitality marketing work experience, with 2+ years in a supervisory role; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the marketing & digital marketing industry.
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Open-source CMS applications such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Professionalism in daily conduct and interactions.
MARKETING DIRECTOR - HOSPITALITY
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and methods of developing effective informational and educational materials.
- Principles and practices of budget development, administration and measurement of results.
- Computer applications related to the work, practices, techniques and capabilities of all media.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of the luxury hospitality industry and stays abreast of industry trends
- Project management experience with ability to lead concepts and adjust timelines in an ever-changing environment.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive sales and marketing programs.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS, Google AdWords, Analytics & Tag Manager.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Timbers Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time