SUMMARY: Maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate and prioritize work requests with Director of Building Maintenance and Director of Facilities
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Perform arrival check of units and correct any deficiencies that may be detected
• Perform daily, weekly and bi-weekly checklist items
• Assist with Preventive Maintenance Plans for the facility
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
• Must have current, valid, Colorado driver's license
• Perform basic maintenance duties for all OSP units including:
o Plumbing: un-clog sinks, toilets, showers and tubs; repair/replace toilets, faucets
o Electrical: repair/replace broken switches/plugs/fuses; replace smoke detectors
o Carpentry: repair/replace damaged wood trim; make doors/windows operable (including sash cords); repair/replace door/window hardware
o Glazing: replace broken door/window glass
o Painting: exterior and interior
o Drywall repair
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must also maintain a valid driver’s license which meets company established driving guidelines.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Must have competent skills using a variety of tools.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to work in a team environment and take direction.
• Able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
• Able to maintain balance, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and wipe.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
• May be subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
• May be subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing, and solid visual ability.
Job Status: Full Time