Maintenance Tech I
Maintenance Tech I
- Coordinate and prioritize work requests with Director of Building Maintenance and Director of Facilities
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform arrival check of units and correct any deficiencies that may be detected
- Perform daily, weekly and bi-weekly checklist items
- Assist with Preventive Maintenance Plans for the facility
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Must have current, valid, Colorado driver's license
- Perform basic maintenance duties for all OSP units including:
- Plumbing: un-clog sinks, toilets, showers and tubs; repair/replace toilets, faucets
- Electrical: repair/replace broken switches/plugs/fuses; replace smoke detectors
- Carpentry: repair/replace damaged wood trim; make doors/windows operable (including sash cords); repair/replace door/window hardware
- Glazing: replace broken door/window glass
- Painting: exterior and interior
- Drywall repair
- Physical requirements include:
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- May be subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- May be subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing ability and solid visual ability.
The best candidate will be experienced with a variety of maintenance trades, be experienced in working with a diverse group of employees, ability to change directions at any given time without much notice, and be able to create and endeavor to meet personal, department, and property goals developed on their individual goals sheet.
Pay: $13.97 to $18.16/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Seasonal