Locker Room Attendant
The Employees at One Steamboat Place will lead us in building relationships and exceeding expectations with each and every one of our owners, guests, and staff members. Not only will you be working in the best ski-in location that Steamboat Springs offers but you will also be working with a team-oriented, casual, and focused on results workforce.
The following Principal Duties are the essential functions for the Locker Room Attendant position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions with or without a requested
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Locker room attendant will always use owners/guests names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting and assisting owners/guests in anyway.
- Provides service to guests and owners in gathering ski boots, poles, and skis from the member locker room and/or Black Tie ski rentals.
- Provides cleaning service in the member’s locker rooms, L3 bathrooms and the members gathering room always leaving the areas in pristine condition. These cleaning services include yet are not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping, dusting locker room floors
- Cleaning mirrors and other fixtures; restocking trail maps, and refilling sunscreen
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles; picks up paper and other debris from the locker room and surrounding areas
- Assist housekeeping staff as needed to ensure that restrooms and members gathering area is polished, bathrooms are stocked and pick up of trash, dirty towels, and other debris in the area.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of our owners/members and guests.
- Be able to communicate efficiently in person and on the radio with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
- Work as the liaison between Black Tie ski rentals and One Steamboat Place with tracking owners needs, skis, poles, equipment tunes, up-keep, etc.
- Must have confidence when working with all ages of skiers
- Must have comfort level with ski/snowboard equipment – awareness of basic trouble-shooting needs with all equipment.
- Responsible for assisting the breakfast/après concierge in maintaining cleanliness of the L3/member locker room area.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to communicate and recommend to owners and guests about upcoming OSP events, ski area events and activities in and around Steamboat Springs.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Heavy lifting, bending.
- Ability to stand for long durations of time.
- Working split shifts (7am-11am/2pm-6pm)
In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Knowledge and interest in skiing/riding.
- Ability to learn a variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and be 18 years of age or older.
- Flexibility to work afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The best candidate will strive with their ability to deal with owners/guests in a courteous and efficient manner, always maintaining a constant, positive attitude and be able to create and endeavor to meet personal, department, and property goals.
Job Status: Part Time