Ski Locker Room Attendant - PT/ FT Seasonal
Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of ski locker room and other assigned areas; oversees smooth operations of locker room activity by assisting guests with relevant requests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Locker room attendant will always use owners/guests names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting and assisting owners/guests in anyway.
- Provides service to guests and owners in gathering ski boots, poles, and skis from the member locker room and/or Christy Sports ski rentals.
- Provides cleaning service in the member’s locker rooms, L3 bathrooms and the members gathering room always leaving the areas in pristine condition. These cleaning services include yet are not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping, dusting locker room floors
- Cleaning mirrors and other fixtures; restocking trail maps, and refilling sunscreen
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles; picks up paper and other debris from the locker room and surrounding areas
- Assist housekeeping staff as needed to ensure that restrooms and members gathering area is polished, bathrooms are stocked and pick up of trash, dirty towels, and other debris in the area.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of our owners/members and guests.
- Be able to communicate efficiently in person and on the radio with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
- Work as the liaison between Christy Sports ski rentals and One Steamboat Place with tracking owners’ needs, skis, poles, equipment tunes, up-keep, etc.
- Must have confidence when working with all ages of skiers
- Must have comfort level with ski/snowboard equipment – awareness of basic trouble-shooting needs with all equipment.
- Responsible for assisting the breakfast/après concierge in maintaining cleanliness of the L3/member locker room area.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to communicate and recommend to owners and guests about upcoming OSP events, ski area events and activities in and around Steamboat Springs.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Knowledge and interest in skiing/riding.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Ability to learn a variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance.
- Flexibility to work afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Heavy lifting, bending.
- Ability to stand for long duration of time.
- Working split shifts (7am-11am/2pm-6pm)
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Seasonal