Licensed Massage Therapist - Seasonal PT & FT
The employees at One Steamboat Place will lead us in building relationships and exceeding expectations with each and every one of our owners, guests, and staff members. Not only will you be working in the best ski-in location that Steamboat Springs offers, but you will also be working with a team-oriented, professional, and focused on results workforce.
We currently have full-time and part-time openings for this position. Anticipated start date is December 1, 2019 through end of April 2020.
We offer great benefits to our seasonal employees, including partial/full ski pass reimbursement, local discounts, gym memberships, 401(k) match and more.
The following Principal Duties are the essential functions for the Massage Therapist position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation.
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest and co-worker.
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Adherence to the Spa PACT – Positivity, Absolutely, Confidence in Communication, and Time Management – see separate sheet for details.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management
- Learning the spa, wellness, and retail offerings and consulting with guests to create a customized experience for them while maximizing sales.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required.
- Follows all spa and OSP guidelines, therapist and room guidelines, and employee handbook.
- Ability to join/work spa events such as trunk shows, classes etc.
- Displays a helpful attitude and is genuinely interested in providing the perfect spa experience to every guest/owner.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Flexibility and adaptability to your work environment, and maintaining the appearance of a well-groomed and professional team member.
- Ability to perform in a team based environment and able to work independently to complete tasks.
- Follow proper channels of communication; communicate clearly with owners/guests, staff, and management.
- High commitment to guest satisfaction and service including maintaining a courteous and professional manner and a positive attitude, exhibiting a willingness to help, and promoting positive interactions with guests.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
The best candidate will be experienced with a strong desire to deliver optimal customer service and be able to create a spa environment that is comfortable and fulfilling to all owners and guests and endeavor to meet personal, department, and property goals developed on their individual goals.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal,On Call