Leisure Sales Manager
Responsible for topline Leisure sales revenue specifically, those channels of leisure business GDS, Wholesale
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with DOS and Revenue Manager to define revenue goals for topline leisure sales
- Reports on Weekly GDS and Wholesale sales production and monthly on pace, consumption and opportunity within these channels
- Using Rainmaker
- Channel Pace Report
- Company Analysis
- Agency Analysis
- Position in primary and secondary competitive sets
- Target accounts and success in their penetration
- Directs the conduct of analytical studies; develops and reviews reports of findings, alternatives and recommendations.
- Works closely with the DOS, Revenue Manager and Timbers Marketing to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel revenues.
- Oversees account management activities.
- Creates and develops appropriate communications and marketing strategies for the leisure market.
- Maintains and promotes role as a brand ambassador for the resort.
- Maintain in-depth files on all accounts; via Delphi
- Works closely with Preferred Hotels and Resorts to leverage assets and drive incremental revenue
- Strategize and implement effective trade show and sales mission participation.
- Conduct site tours and Familiarization Trips for travel agent and wholesale markets
- Prepares and negotiates all Wholesale, Consortia and Agency contracts
- Coordinates efforts with other departments; maintains awareness of operations and events; consults with other departments on new and revised activities and products; assists with the creation, implementation and marketing of promotions.
- Assists in the creation and launch of new and revised products and services; develops appropriate sales and marketing strategy to drive success within these key channels of leisure sales this will include packages and promotions.
- Monitors developments and trends in the industry, evaluates their impact upon resort operations and recommends and implements program improvements.
- Participates in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner; evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Using Rainmaker
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hotel administration or a related field; AND five (3) years of leisure sales and marketing experience in the hospitality industry, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of leisure sales and marketing.
- Principles and practices of Consortia programs e.g. FH&R, Virtuoso, Signature
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and methods of developing effective informational and educational materials for clients and upper management.
- Computer applications related to the work; Delphi, SMS, Word, Excel, Power Point and Rainmaker.
- Records management principles and practices used to ensure exceptional and accurate reporting
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive sales and marketing programs.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: from $50,000/year
Incentive Plan Available
Job Status: Full Time