Lead Night Auditor
Responsible for assisting with the supervision and coordinating activities and staff of the front office, night audit and security functions to ensure proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere while also maintaining a safe and secure environment for guests, owners, customers and staff.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedules, oversees, evaluates and reviews the work of assigned staff.
- Assists with the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department.
- Assists with the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Ensures adherence to established service standards.
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Check guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner following all required safety and performance standards.
- Ensures all Front office and PBX operations are operating in an efficient and effective manner.
- Utilizes suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Maintains knowledge of room details as well as rates, packages, discounts and group package plans in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Maintains awareness of group reservations and activities on and off site.
- Performs all Front Office and PBX duties as required.
- Assists with charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Assists with the balancing of the Front Desk cash drawers.
- Assists with daily night audit to ensure all postings are completed accurately.
- Reviews shift reports and time card reports daily.
- Assists with the management of large check-ins and check-outs coordinating with housekeeping to execute flawlessly and meet all guests and owners requests and needs pre -arrival.
- Ensures front desk area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
- Maintains accounting of lost & found items and forwards to Housekeeping.
- Ensures maintenance of required supply inventory; replenishes or requisitions any supplies needed.
- Ensure proper processing of hotel wake-up call program.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property as well as meeting and implementing energy and sustainable conservation efforts.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management or a related field; AND four (4) years of hotel operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing front office operations management duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following reservation policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $19/hour
Job Status: Full Time