Lead Golf Attendant
Assist players with golf cars and equipment, and maintain efficient outside service area. In addition, assists management with the coordination of duties and functions for the outside service area.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a high level of service to each guest.
- Display a professional appearance and attitude, and remain courteous to guests and fellow associates at all times.
- Assist in coordinating the work of the outside service area ensuring that supplies and equipment are properly stocked for the days play. Notifies management of any staffing shortages or overages. Coordinates lunch breaks and duties of other golf cart attendants to ensure adequate coverage.
- Secure outside service area at the close of day.
- Announce guest information to golf shop and starter upon arrival and for handoffs.
- Ensure the security of all golf equipment, report any damage or theft immediately.
- Coordinate the proper handling of golf bags at the bag drop.
- Clean clubs and store & tag clubs for guests as requested.
- Store, clean, and tag guest clubs in bag room.
- Retrieve rental clubs from storage for use by guests; clean and put away after use.
- Pick up balls from the practice ground.
- Charge, plug-in, and store golf cars.
- Remove golf cars from storage, stage properly in outside service area.
- Clean golf cars and coolers after each use with pressure washer, properly stock cars with amenities.
- In the event that a golf car breaks down, tow the golf car to the designated storage facility.
- Deliver golf bags to the shuttle if necessary.
- Assist with golf tournament preparation and set-up.
- Insure clean supply of golf towels.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have valid Hawaii State driver's license.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly motivated, goal driven and self-starter
- Strong customer/guest orientation
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Use of Tools and Equipment:
- Gas and electric golf cars
- Motorized range picker
- Hand operated range picker
- Latrex lettering machine
- Pressure washer
- Range ball washing machine
- Shoe buffing machine
- Shoe drying machine
- Spike wrench
- Battery chargers
- Radio and ear piece
- Washing machine
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job (Golf balls and Effluent water). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. In addition, the associate may be required to perform essential duty during inclement weather.
Pay: from $15.81/hour
Job Status: Full Time