Responsible for efficient collection, sorting, cleaning and distribution of all linen in order to provide high quality laundry services to guests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Places linen and materials in containers for transport to laundry.
- Sorts items and counts and records number of items soiled.
- Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
- Stores laundered linen on shelves after verifying numbers and types of articles.
- Counts and records linen to fill requisitions.
- Separates linen that need repair and/or special treatment and forwards as required.
- Distributes cleaning rags on a dirty to clean basis.
- Monitors and controls chemical usage and keep inventory record of chemical replacement.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all housekeeping storage closets, floors, storage shelves and the organization of all inventory items.
- Keeps Laundry Area and machines clean at all times and notifies facilities staff of any maintenance needs.
- Collects trash and disposes in outside trash dumpsters as required.
- Reports to supervisor when stocks reach the minimum for order purposes.
- Reports missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to supervisor.
- Responds at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and staff.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Tenth (10) grade education; AND one (1) year of custodial/housekeeping experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, laundry tools and equipment.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in laundry work.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing laundry duties.
- Safely using laundry equipment related to the work.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a laundry setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to biohazards, chemicals, and solvents.
Pay: from $14/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time