Human Resources Manager
Responsible for providing a variety of professional-level human resources activities in support of the resort’s operations; provides professional assistance/advice to management staff.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs job analyses to support recruitment activities; designs and implements recruitment programs to obtain qualified candidates; prepares job announcements, advertisements, and other recruitment materials
- Coordinates, designs and administers job-related selection procedures, including, but not limited to, application reviews, written and performance tests, and interviews and assessment techniques; screens applications for qualifications; schedules and notifies applicants of activities and results.
- Act as liaison to Altres for all employment related items.
- Assist with facilitation of annual insurance open enrollment process.
- Work with local union representatives and shop stewards to facilitate any grievances, issues or concerns with union staff.
- Facilitates annual performance evaluation administration.
- Ensure daily operations and management of union staff is done so in accordance with CBA.
- Maintain uniform supplies and place orders as necessary.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all employees.
- Assists with managing HRIS systems; provides information to information systems staff and may instruct others in system application
- Create name tags for all new hires and as necessary, order supplies as needed.
- Create and distribute internal employee monthly newsletter
- Facilitate community outreach and volunteer opportunities
- Facilitates separation process; conducts exit interviews.
- Maintain and keep current all internal employee bulletin boards
- Create and maintain legally compliant filing of HR paperwork in employee personnel files
- May assist with design and implement various employee development and training programs; informs supervisors and employees of available training opportunities.
- Provides advice to or instructs others in human resources procedures and employee relations matters.
- Reviews, verifies and processes employee personnel; corrects errors and enters information into an automated personnel/payroll information system.
- Carries out specified programs in such areas as employee recognition and employee orientation.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and a variety of written materials; prepares and maintains accurate documentation of activities
- Assist with other projects or assignments as requested.
- Attends trainings and meetings as requested or required.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, or a related field; AND four (4) years of professional human resources generalist experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. HRCI or SHRM certification preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, including recruitment and selection, job analysis, classification and compensation administration, employee relations.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Principles and techniques of preparing effective written informational or educational materials.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, occasionally where relations may be confrontational or strained.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Performing professional-level human resources generalist duties.
- Carrying assigned analytical projects through, from data gathering to completion.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Job Status: Full Time