Human Resources Generalist
Responsible for providing a variety of professional-level human resources activities in support of the resort’s operations; provides professional assistance/advice to management staff.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs job analyses to support recruitment activities; designs and implements recruitment programs to obtain qualified candidates; prepares job announcements, advertisements, and other recruitment materials.
- Coordinates, designs and administers job-related selection procedures, including, but not limited to, application reviews, written and performance tests, and interviews and assessment techniques; screens applications for qualifications; schedules and notifies applicants of activities and results.
- Conducts new hire onboarding activities.
- Assists with managing HRIS systems; provides information to information systems staff and may instruct others in system application
- May assist with design and implement various employee development and training programs; informs supervisors and employees of available training opportunities.
- Instructs others in human resources procedures.
- Reviews, verifies and processes employee personnel; corrects errors and enters information into an automated personnel/payroll information system.
- Facilitates and manages employee housing units administration and occupancy.
- Assists with payroll process when needed.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures files are in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepares and distributes monthly employee newsletter.
- Prepares and distributes monthly birthday and anniversary cards.
- Maintains and updates employee bulletin boards as necessary.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates several employee activities and recognition programs.
- Ensures all work is done in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and a variety of written materials; prepares and maintains accurate documentation of activities
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, or a related field; AND two (2) years of professional human resources generalist experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, including recruitment and selection, job analysis, classification and compensation administration, employee relations.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Principles and techniques of preparing effective written informational or educational materials.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, occasionally where relations may be confrontational or strained.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Performing professional-level human resources generalist duties.
- Carrying assigned analytical projects through, from data gathering to completion.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms, Spanish language skills desired.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Job Status: Full Time