Human Resource Generalist
The following Principal Duties are the essential functions for the HR Generalist role. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation.
- Take an active role in understanding the business and employee issues company-wide.
- Protects Company's value by keeping information confidential with a strong sense of integrity.
- Provide main point of HR contact for all employees
- Sources, screens, and evaluate candidate applications/resumes for qualifications
- Prepare offer letters and completes employee on-boarding
- Conducts orientation sessions and explains benefits enrollment for new employees
- Assists management with HR policy adherence, disciplinary actions and documentation
- Conducts investigations regarding HR policy violations and appeals
- Ensures up-to-date maintenance of employee records in accordance with legal requirements and corporate policies
- Manages recruiting for corporate employees including posting, phone screening, interview schedules and background checks
- Keeps up-to-date with any changes in related legislation
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- Maintain personnel files
- Manages recruitment and staffing efforts,
- posting of approved open positions on applicable websites and other media/advertisements as necessary;
- sourcing, screening and presentation of competitive candidates to hiring managers, including coordination of interview scheduling;
- develop external recruiting relationships (workforce centers, property management organizations, universities, career centers, other hospitality organizations) to foster and grow recruiting efforts;
- preparation of employment offers;
- processing, review and approval of post-offer screening (i.e. background checks, drug screening, etc.)
- support on-boarding of successful candidates.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing:
- talent acquisition,
- career development,
- succession planning,
- training and leadership development,
- compensation and benefits.
- Supports/coordinates training efforts in partnership with Learning & Development initiatives, company initiatives, changes in procedures, etc.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support One Steamboat Place’s ”absolutely” vision and strategic vision
- Foster teamwork, creativity, and innovation to drive operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Must be familiar with payroll and employee database systems.
- Strong knowledge of compensation design and planning principles, including executive compensation and benefits programs.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business objectives.
- Manages the risk management function.
- Conducts investigations of accidents, and suggests preventive solutions.
- Reviews and recommends changes in the safety program as the need is identified.
- Performs safety inspections, and prepares reports.
- Process all claim filings from start to closure.
- Requests additional information, where necessary, for completion of claim processing.
2 - 5 years’ experience in HR dealing with recruiting, payroll, employee relations, progressive discipline, and benefits administration. PHR or SPHR certification preferred. It is not required to speak multiple languages, but a definite plus.
Job Status: Full Time