Human Resource Coordinator - Vail, CO
Responsible for providing a variety of professional-level human resources activities in support of the resort’s operations; provides professional assistance/advice to management staff.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs job analyses to support recruitment activities; designs and implements recruitment programs to obtain qualified candidates; prepares job announcements, advertisements, and other recruitment materials.
- Coordinates, designs and administers job-related selection procedures, including, but not limited to, application reviews, written and performance tests, and interviews and assessment techniques; screens applications for qualifications; schedules and notifies applicants of activities and results.
- Conducts new hire onboarding activities.
- Assists with managing HRIS systems; provides information to information systems staff and may instruct others in system application
- May assist with design and implement various employee development and training programs; informs supervisors and employees of available training opportunities.
- Instructs others in human resources procedures.
- Reviews, verifies and processes employee personnel; corrects errors and enters information into an automated personnel/payroll information system.
- Facilitates and manages the administration and occupancy of employee housing units and staff lockers.
- Assists with payroll process when needed.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures files are in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepares and distributes monthly employee newsletter.
- Prepares and distributes monthly birthday and anniversary cards.
- Maintains and updates employee bulletin boards as necessary.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates several employee activities and recognition programs.
- Ensures all work is done in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and a variety of written materials; prepares and maintains accurate documentation of activities.
- Distributes employee mail.
- Attends trainings and meetings as requested or required.
- Maintains Human Resources/Accounting office clean and organized.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree; AND one (1) year of professional human resources or administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, including recruitment and selection, job analysis, classification and compensation administration, employee relations.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Principles and techniques of preparing effective written informational or educational materials.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, occasionally where relations may be confrontational or strained.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Performing professional-level human resources generalist duties.
- Carrying assigned analytical projects through, from data gathering to completion.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms, Spanish language skills desired.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Wellness Bonus
Pay: $18 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time