Human Resource Business Partner - Steamboat Springs, CO
*Backfilling a position that was vacated through the process of promotion*
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an HR Business Partner you will help guide and communicate company strategy, ensures the HR policies and procedures fit the operational needs, provides training and development and tends to day-to-day administrative HR duties. A business partner is part of the leadership team, working together to accomplish the properties goals and objectives.
In your role at Timbers Steamboat Springs you will be the ambassador of the beliefs, philosophies and principles that drive our business; Chin Up - Nose Down, Find Fun and Humor in Everything, Be a Lifelong Learner, and Create Moments of Magic, to name a few. This role requires you to walk the talk, and to actively engage with employees of all departments regularly. This is not a desk job and you will not be an enforcer of rules, you will have the opportunity to be an active member of the team, a collaborator, a strategic partner and who can expand departmental knowledge, train and develop the team, improve ways of working and create new and exciting employee engagement opportunities.
Duties/Responsibilities ( ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Conducts monthly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the greater HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners senior leadership as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Processes new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Works with agencies to assist international employees with J-1 process expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Ideally, you will have at least 4 years of experience in a key Human Resource role (Generalist, HR BP, HR Manager) you may have a Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, or a related field; AND two (2) years of professional human resources generalist experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to work on a Saturday or Sunday, as necessary to support month end reporting functions.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Pay: $60,000 to $70,000/year
Job Status: Full Time