Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. Required to deliver items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.) and assist room attendants with overall cleanliness of guest rooms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with our hotel standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- At all times, interact with all employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous manner.
- Walk assigned floors/areas at the beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, remove trash, linen, and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Always use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees and have earpiece on.
- Use daily checklist to complete projects listed as assigned.
- Maintain Elevator lobbies as assigned (interior and exterior) and elevator doors/frames and tracks
- Maintain public trash bins
- Maintain Glass windows in public access areas.
- Clean and dust mirrors, picture frames, light fixtures, furniture and vents.
- Ensure that furniture is clean and properly arranged.
- Service landing/linen closets with supplies
- Clean stair wells
- Polish floors or shampoo rugs
- Other projects as assigned by management
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
- Assist in departure arrival activities by stripping beds, removing trash, loading dishwasher, cleaning lanais, windows and railings for assigned rooms. Also clean BBQ grills.
- Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- As required, collect all trash from the service landings and dispose in trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned rooms when requested.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
- Reports missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to supervisor.
- Always responds in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and staff.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
One (1) year of custodial/housekeeping experience.
- Proper cleaning methods and safe usage of material, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Use of hand and power tools, and other equipment used in housekeeping work.
- Safety practices and equipment related to work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Basic technique in dealing with a variety of individuals from socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Safety practices and equipment related to work.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to stand and walk for the duration of the work shift. While performing duties of this job, the associate is required the stamina to stand, stoop, squat, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects for extensive period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $20.09/hour
Job Status: Full Time,On Call