SUMMARY: $500 sign on bonus (Upon 90 days of completion)
Responsible for planning, assigning, supervising and reviewing the work of a shift of housekeeping staff; trains staff in work procedures; interacts with and resolves problems with the owners or staff regarding services and experience. Evenings and weekends required.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Assists in the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure the quality and completeness of work performed.
- Troubleshoots problems, resolves staff or owner/guest complaints and provides technical assistance to staff as required.
- Ensures that all club homes, public areas, and office space are serviced and cleaned daily in accordance with established standards.
- Inspects cleaning of club homes, office space & public areas and ensures that it is surgically clean, well maintained; reports the need for replacement or repair.
- Ensures that staff follows safe working procedures, including using the proper safety equipment and cleaning standards. Ensures that staff signs off on all JSA’s.
- Reports the need for maintenance or repair of facilities to the appropriate supervisor; corrects or reports any fire or safety hazards and places barriers in public areas.
- Supervises special clean-up or projects occurring during the assigned shift.
- Requisitions or purchases required material, equipment and supplies.
- Notifies the facilities department of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Answers Housekeeping office phone in a professional and friendly manner.
- Performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Engages with owner and guests on a daily basis.
- Ensures that services consistently meet customer specifications; responds to owner complaints/issues, communicates and follows up with the front desk.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Operates radios efficiently and professionally when communicating with other team members.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with owners and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND three (3) years of resort housekeeping operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, housekeeping tools and equipment.
- Procedures for the preparation and use of cleaning materials.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Computer software applications including Opera PMS and Microsoft Office Suite. Policies and procedures of the department.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, scheduling, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a housekeeping setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $19/hour
Job Status: Full Time