Housekeeping Supervisor - Vail
Responsible for planning, assigning, supervising and reviewing the work of a shift of housekeeping staff; trains staff in work procedures; interacts with and resolves problems with the public or resort staff regarding services as well as guests and owners.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Assists in the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure the quality and completeness of work performed.
- Troubleshoots problems, resolves staff or guest complaints and provides technical assistance to staff as required.
- Inspects cleaning of residences, hotel rooms & public areas and ensures that it is surgically clean, well maintained; reports the need for replacement or repair.
- Ensures that staff follows safe working procedures, including using the proper safety equipment and cleaning standards.
- Reports the need for maintenance or repair of facilities to the appropriate supervisor; corrects or reports any fire or safety hazards and places barriers in public areas.
- Supervises special clean-up or projects occurring during the assigned shift.
- Requisitions or purchases required material, equipment and supplies.
- Ensures that all hotel rooms, residence club units, public rooms and spa are serviced and cleaned daily in accordance with established standards.
- Notifies the facilities department of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- May answers Housekeeping office phone.
- Performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Engages with guests and owners in a daily basis.
- Ensures that services consistently meet customer specifications; responds to customer complaints/issues, communicates and follows up.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND three (3) years of hotel housekeeping operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, housekeeping tools and equipment.
- Procedures for the preparation and use of cleaning materials.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Job Status: Full Time