Housekeeping Office Coordinator
Responsible for providing administrative and operations support to the Housekeeping Department.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare daily room assignments and update room status throughout shift
- Answer incoming Housekeeping phone calls in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Communicates, dispatches and follows through with guest requests up to completion in a timely and courteous manner.
- Notifies the Executive Housekeeper of areas needing special attention.
- Responsible for the uniform issuance and cleaning of all hotel staff uniforms.
- Ensures all guest laundry orders are logged, picked up, and delivered in a timely fashion. Is responsible for charging the guest folio for any laundry expenses the guest incurred during their stay.
- Responsible for making sure the Sales Show Units are cleaned and inspected.
- Periodically update manager with the status of each board assignment to ensure all housekeeping services are completed on time.
- Maintains spread sheets for dry cleaning and uniforms.
- Ensures that attendance registers are completed daily in accordance with hotel and statutory regulations.
- Oversees duty rosters and ensures that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Business arithmetic.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing office support duties.
- Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
- Resolving varied office administrative problems.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: from $14/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal