Housekeeper - PT/FT Seasonal
The employees at One Steamboat Place will lead us in building relationships and exceeding expectations with each and every one of our owners, guests, and staff members. Not only will you be working in the best ski-in location that Steamboat Springs offers but you will also be working with a team-oriented, casual, and focused on results workforce.
This position is part-time/full-time role with a December 2019 start date. It is a seasonal job that goes through April 2020.
Here are the essential functions for the Housekeeper position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation.
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Responsibilities involve cleaning resident’s units and include replacing soiled linen and towels; restock room supplies such as soap, tissues, and towels; disinfect bathroom surfaces; dust and polish the furniture; remove all trash; vacuum the carpet; and wash any uncarpeted floors.
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Requires working in dusty and dirty areas. Must clean up human waste and other body fluids, as required.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, SDS, State Health Department, etc.
- Will assist in cleanliness and safety of lobby and entryway; members gathering area, wine room, vacuum carpets, clean windows, shovel snow, remove trash, mop floors, empty ash cans, maintain fireplace, dust, etc.
- Assures cleanliness of public facilities such as rest rooms, game rooms, pool area, entrances, etc. Stock with supplies as needed.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
- Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean. All procedures for solution use will be part of the housekeeper's training.
- Ability to follow instructions & priorities of tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to learn and adhere to property standards for cleanliness & timeliness
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
- Assist with other duties as requested or assigned.
One Steamboat Place offers excellent benefits and employee discounts (partial to full ski pass reimbursement), competitive salaries, 401(k) match, personal development programs and a fun work environment.
Skills / Requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS /QUALIFICATIONS
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Heavy lifting, bending. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds
- Ability to learn a variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area.
- Must be able to maintain a fast efficient pace.
- Must be able to work independently or in a group.
- Must be able to work until all daily duties are complete, even if this means working more than 8 hours in one shift.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance.
Pay: $15 to $17.19/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Contract/Temporary,Seasonal